FIND WORK THAT BRINGS YOU ALIVE AND GIVES YOUR BEST TO THE WORLD.
(UPDATE, October 2018: The first round of this new program has launched, and the beta tester slots have been filled. Want to be contacted when I offer the program again next year, currently planned for March 2019? Contact me here to get on the interest list.)
Right now, work is bringing you down.
Some of the following might sound familiar:
- It feels like your work has become a means to an end and isn’t challenging you.
- You feel more and more numb and complacent about your work.
- You don’t feel proud talking about your work with others.
- You want to do something more intentional with your work but don’t know how—and sometimes feel frozen about where to start.
- You worry you’ll pick your head up in five years (or more) and ask yourself: Why didn’t I do something I was really excited about?
Deep down, you know you’re meant for more and have much to give.
But how do you get to more fulfilling work from here?
Bottom line, what you need is:
- a structured, step-by-step process to gently drill down to what makes you most alive and yourself, and what work you’re called to now
- objective, intuitive, professional support to help you reflect deeply and ultimately connect the dots of where you feel called in your work—and act on them.
INTRODUCING THE VOCATION PROGRAM:
Your map to finding work that brings you alive.
This is a private coaching package delivered via phone or Skype. You’ll meet with me regularly and together we’ll walk through this 4-phase process designed to help you:
- identify work that excites and connects with you
- get a realistic picture of what it looks like in practice, and
- take steps to move into the vocation calling you now.
Here’s what it looks like phase by phase:
PHASE 1: Get really self aware.
Get aware of both who you are today and who you want to be at the end of your life—to let that inform how you live now. Includes online energy assessment and follow-up debrief exploring ways you’re currently in your own way (we all have them!), and how to get out of it.
PHASE 2: Hone into your life purpose right now.
This is the thing which Rumi calls “the one thing you must do” that gives the world your best and makes you feel more fulfilled than anything else :).
PHASE 3: Connect your purpose with work.
Explore ways to live out your purpose in your daily work, based on your work values, a vision of life you want, and more.
PHASE 4: Take action.
Engage in at least six weeks of live work experiments, with my active support each step of the way, to help clarify your vocation right now.
What’s included in the program and how it all works:
The process of coaching is simple: Once you’re enrolled in the program, we schedule your sessions in advance so you’re all set to go. You call/Skype in to your sessions every other week and do the assignments I give you. If you have a question or concern, or just want to share something, my door is always open! Please email and/or text me in between sessions as much as you want:).
To get a little more specific, the program includes:
1. 10 private coaching sessions (mostly 60-minute, a few longer), via phone or Skype, over approximately 4 months. This is where we discuss your assignments and dig deep into whatever is churning in you around this work.
2. Reading Parker Palmer’s book, Let Your Life Speak: Listening to the Voice of Vocation together and working through questions in it.
3. The 20-minute online Energy Leadership Index Assessment, a 10-paged personalized report, and a debrief with me. This internationally acclaimed attitudinal assessment is one of people’s favorite parts of this program. It helps you take an honest look at how your energy is currently working for you, and also against you and making it hard to move forward. In doing, it helps you maximize your strengths and true potential, and learn how to gently get out of your own way to start creating the work—and life—you really want.
4. Follow-up emails from me after each session with 3 or more powerful things you saidto sit with during the week. I’m a huge note-taker. It’s a key way I learn and process. I encourage you to take your own notes in our sessions, too, if that helps you—but I find that people I coach typically take more notes on what Isay, not what they say.
This seems natural (I do it, too, when being coached), but since coaching is based on the belief that we each have our own answers within, the real gold is in what you’re saying. It’s my job and privilege to ask you meaningful questions that evoke real insights for you, then remind you what you said. Think of it as a regular reminder of your wisdom :).
5. Assignments tailored for you. Over our 4 phases together, these help you track your progress as you go, and give you an invaluable written record you can keep returning to, showing you what you want out of work (and life) both today and long term.
6. Unlimited email and texting during your coaching package. Whether you’re stuck on a difficult conversation you’re struggling to have with a friend or colleague, proud of following through on some personal renewal steps you set out as goals, or just want to share words that inspired you today, I’m all ears! I love hearing from you:).
How the program is different from traditional career coaching:
This program is designed for people who view their work not just as a career but as a calling.
My approach is both practical and spiritual. We work from the inside out (starting with Phase 1 around self-awareness), in the understanding that, as Parker Palmer puts it, we can’t tell our lives what we intend to do with them without first listening to them telling us who we are.
This is a much deeper interior process than any career books I’ve personally worked through and career coaching I know. There’s no career test involved which spits out a suggested career that you’re asked to embrace. We also don’t create Venn Diagrams mapping what seems to make sense for you on paper—but in practice, there’s no blood going to it for you.
Instead, I guide through a ripening process where you can arrive at an answer of where you feel called right now and accept it because you know it’s true for you. You feel it viscerally.
My role, in short, is to witness you through your vocational discernment process. It’s to ask you powerful questions in our sessions and assignments, to listen to you very carefully, to give you reflections on what I hear and help you make connections, and to offer you loads of accountability and encouragement.
And as I’m listening to you, my job is also to help you learn how to listen to yourself better—so you leave this program with tools to guide yourself forward afterward.
Want to learn more?
Since this is a new program, I’m taking a small number of beta testers through it this fall to make it the best it can be before offering it to a wide audience next year. These tester slots have been filled, and the first round of the program is underway.
Want to be contacted when I offer the program again next year, currently planned for March 2019?
Great! Contact me here to get on the interest list. I’ll reach when getting ready to offer the program again next year. At that point, we’ll schedule a free consult so we can discuss where you are right now and if this program is right for you.
I can’t wait to connect with you!